Animals have limited supplies of energy and often must choose which activities to focus on at the expense of others. In this activity students will play a game that explores the trade-off between aggression and parental behavior. In part A, students will explore the role of aggression in acquiring a territory. In part B, students will explore the trade-off between parental behavior and aggressiveness and learn there are multiple ways to be successful.
At the conclusion of the lesson, students will be able to:
- Explain how aggression impacts an organism’s success.
- Explain how environmental characteristics shape the benefits of aggression.
- Explain the tradeoff between aggression and parental behavior.
- Angry birds- strategy cards
- Angry Birds-offspring cards
- Angry Birds-Post Questions Answer Key
Lesson created by GK-12 Fellow Cara Krieg